Outlook Express Error 0x800ccc67 is a common error that can occur when you try to send an email using Microsoft Outlook. This article will provide five methods for fixing the issue.
The the message could not be sent to the smtp server 0x800ccc67 is a problem that has been present for a while. There are 5 methods to fix this issue.
The error 0x800ccc67 merely indicates that there is a problem with the SMTP, which is why Outlook or Windows Live mail aren’t functioning. If you’re having trouble with this issue, read on to learn how to solve it. Using basic techniques, I have an error code of 0x800ccc67.
What is SMTP Error 0x800ccc67 in Outlook?
Many customers have reported that when they attempt to open Windows Outlook or Windows Live Mail, the error 0x800ccc67 appears. The 0x800ccc67 issue may be caused by a variety of factors, but the most common is the SMTP server. The following are some of the most likely reasons:
- Because of misconfigured SMTP settings.
- The Registry Files have been corrupted.
- Due to the email provider’s abrupt change of SSL settings or port.
- As a result of the destruction of critical MS Outlook files.
- Outlook is unable to send email due to a firewall.
The Error’s Symptoms 0x800ccc67
Well, SMTP Problem 0x800ccc67 is often accompanied by a number of symptoms, and these symptoms may assist you in detecting the error. The following are some of these signs and symptoms:
- When the computer becomes sluggish after installing Microsoft Outlook.
- When the MS Outlook for Windows program fails right after you open it.
- When email is not being sent from Outlook.
- When you get the message SMTP 421 NOT AVAILABLE on your Windows screen.
- If the message SMTP Error 0x800ccc67 appears.
If you see any of these symptoms, it’s possible that Outlook error code 0x800ccc67 is to blame, and you should attempt to repair it.
How to Fix SMTP Error 0x800ccc67 in Outlook
To repair it, follow the steps below and put them into action:
Method 1: Turning off the firewall
Because the SMTP Problem 0x800ccc67 is often caused by our system’s firewall or antivirus denying access to the SMTP, deactivating the antivirus/firewall will ultimately assist us in resolving the SMTP error 0x800ccc67.
Here’s how to turn off the antivirus.
- Click on to enlarge the hidden icons on the bottom right-hand side of the task bar.
- In the icon tray, you’ll be able to view your firewall or antivirus.
- Now, right-click on the firewall or antivirus icon and choose Disable from the menu that appears.
- Restart the computer.
Try to write and send email using Outlook or Windows Live Mail once the PC has restarted; it should work.
Method 2: Modify the SMTP port.
SMTP is one of the most essential ports among all the other ports used by ordinary Email programs, therefore it’s critical that the ports be right. However, the Outlook SMTP Error 0x800ccc67 is often fixed by simply changing the receiving and outgoing ports.
The following steps will show you how to change the ports in the Windows Outlook program.
1. Go to Outlook and open it.
2. Select File from the drop-down menu.
3. Select the Server settings after expanding the Account Settings.
4. Now, as indicated below, take note of the ports provided in the Port box.
5. Now you may manually change the ports by entering the port number.
6. Finally, restart the computer.
Note: The port number may be found on your email service provider’s website; for example, Gmail’s incoming port is 993, and its outgoing port is 465. On the official website, you may get detailed information on Gmail port settings.
So, now that you’ve changed the port, you should try sending the email again from your Email program to see whether the problem persists. If the problem persists, try the following approach.
Method 3: Make a brand-new user profile
If the user profile on Outlook is damaged, the error number 0x800ccc67 will appear and you will be unable to send any emails.
1. Press Windows + R, type Control, and then press Enter.
2. Now, in the search box, enter mail.
3. Select Mail from the menu bar (32 bit).
4. Now, under Profiles, select the Show Profiles option.
5. To create a new profile, click Add.
6. Click Apply after entering the profile name.
Start using Outlook again, and the error number 0x800ccc67 will be resolved.
Reinstalling the MS Outlook program (method 4)
The Outlook SMTP Error 0x800ccc67 is often caused by an incomplete Microsoft Outlook download or installation. As a result, reinstalling the program may fix the problem.
Follow the procedures outlined below to reinstall MS Outlook.
1. Access the Control Panel.
2. Select Programs and Features from the drop-down menu.
3. Now browse through the installed apps for MS Outlook.
4. Next, right-click on MS Outlook and choose Properties.
5. Choose your choices Uninstall.
6. Now just follow the onscreen directions.
7. Now, once you’ve removed MS Outlook, you’ll need to reinstall it.
So, I hope this approach will assist you in resolving the issue.
Method 5: Using the System Restore utility.
This should be the final resort for resolving the issue. Many customers stated that they were able to solve the Outlook SMTP Error 0x800ccc67 by doing a system restore. Because system restore restores the settings, it seems that executing a system restore is a legitimate choice.
To conduct a system restore on your Windows PC, follow the procedures outlined below.
1. Click on the Windows button.
2. Now, in the search box, enter System Restore and click Enter.
3. Now, as indicated below, click Get started.
4. After that, you have two choices to select from, as seen below.
5. After that, choose your chosen choice and just follow the onscreen instructions to proceed.
That’s all there is to it; if you’re still having problems, try the next approach.
So that’s all for the Outlook SMTP Error 0x800ccc67; I hope you like my post. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.
Identical Problem Solved:
The 0x80042109 is a problem that has been present for a while. This article will discuss 5 methods to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix an error in Outlook?
To fix an error in Outlook, you can either try to delete the email and resend it again or try to delete the email from your inbox.
How do I troubleshoot Outlook Express?
If you are using Outlook Express, try to clear your cache and cookies. If that doesnt work, try restarting your computer.
Why does my Outlook email keep saying error?
This error is most likely due to an Outlook server issue. Please try again later or contact your email provider for assistance.
- outlook error 0x800cc67
- password on outlook email
- where is outlook password stored
- change server settings windows live mail
- how to change password in outlook 2016